Care and Maintenance Guide
Thank you for choosing Quantum Quartz for your home! Quantum Quartz is an elegant, durable and low maintenance surface.
Maintaining your Quantum Quartz is very simple.
- For every day cleaning, wash your product with a soft cotton cloth and warm water; if desired you can use a mild soap.
- For difficult or greasy clean-ups use a gentle liquid cleaner (e.g. Mr. Clean, 409, Simple Green, Fantastic, etc.) or ordinary dish washing detergent (e.g. Palmolive) with warm water and a white Scotch Brite. Never use red or green Scotch Brite on Quantum Quartz as they contain aluminum oxide and may dull Quantum Quartz’s finish.
- Do not expose any Quantum Quartz surface to abrasive, strong alkaline, acid, free radicals, oxidizers, or cleaning agents of the like (whether high, neutral, or low pH) such as regular Comet and Ajax. These cleaner’s chemicals can damage your surface. If needed, Bon Ami and Bar Keepers Friend are both approved nonabrasive cleaning powders.
- Do not allow your surface to get in contact to such products, including, but not limited to, drain cleaners, paint strippers or products containing hydrofluoric acid, methylene chloride, trichloroethylene or any product with a very high or very low pH. These types of chemicals may etch or discolor the surface of Quantum Quartz.
- There is no need to apply any sealer to your Quantum Quartz countertop. Sealers cannot penetrate it and remain on the surface. Eventually the sealer will start to wear off and cause the polish to appear dull and inconsistent.
- Quantum Quartz is highly scratch resistant, but is not scratch proof. Proper care must be exercised, including the use of a cutting board as part of your care and maintenance routine.
- Quantum Quartz is scorch resistant, but is not heat proof. Always place a trivet or hot pad between Quantum Quartz and any heat generating device. Be aware that sudden change of temperature or sustained heating may create enough thermal expansion energy to cause your countertop to crack.
Follow our Care and Maintenance Guide and you’ll enjoy many years of satisfaction.